Cambridge YLE has 3 levels: Starters, Movers and Flyers.
The YLE exam was designed so that children begin learning simple words and concepts at Starters level and when reaching other levels such as Movers and Flyers, learn more highly developed and complex language structures.
Cambridge YLE certificate is recognised in many countries and confirms a child’s knowledge of English.
Who can take the Test?
Children aged 6-12 years can take the Cambridge Young Learners of English (YLE) exams.
These exams provide a reliable measure of how well a child is doing in the listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Starters for children aged 6 years and above.
- Movers for children between 7-11 .
- Flyers for children aged between 8- 12 years.
Thousands of children around the world take the Cambridge Young Learners English Exam every year
What is tested?
- Children will be tested in 3 skilled areas: Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
- Children earn Cambridge “Shields” in each of the skilled areas and are awarded certificates at each level.