GOALS OF THE COURSE:
- Use English for business communication with co-workers in some situations via speaking
- Read adapted passages and articles on business topics and identify main ideas.
- Carry on business correspondence by understanding and replying to simple in-coming emails.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE:
Upon completion of the course the students should be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- understand basic expressions, questions and statements about self, work in predictable situations.
- distinguish the main idea of a short conversation or presentation on a familiar topic.
- ask for and give personal details such as name, job, nationality, and family information.
- use simple greetings and introduce oneself and others to overseas partners.
- talk about calendar dates and make appointments (on the phoneby e-mail at meeting).
- talk about events or activities in the past, present, and future.